POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : I may actually finish this one, part 2 (50kb bu) : Re: I may actually finish this one, part 2 (50kb bu) Server Time
17 Aug 2024 14:10:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I may actually finish this one, part 2 (50kb bu)
From: Mick Hazelgrove
Date: 23 Oct 2001 04:12:16
Message: <3bd52660@news.povray.org>
This is really excellent work.

I agree with the suggestion that the hands should be stone, nicely chipped
and cracked, glass with caustics or subscat would be nice but...

The notion of water either falling from the sky or fountaining, dripping or
overflowing from the hands would give point to the picture, add to its
poetry and bump the render time up nicely!

ripples in sand are usually long and thin, like waves your texture is more
like that of a crowd stamping about in a wild frenzy! try
lengthening/scaling it in the z direction perhaps.

Look forward to the final result.